Guess where I slept last night? I'll give you a hint: Read the title of the blog. Bilge and I finished an adventurous night off by sleeping at Hukilau Beach. I have secretly wanted to sleep on the beach since I arrived here. Now my dreams have been realized (no pun intended! ha ha!)
So there we are, in the flesh. Notice the ocean in the background and the flip flops on my feet (not a good plan, by the way, when sleeping on the beach). It rained on us a little bit, but Bilge had brought some sort of tent cover that we were able to cover ourselves with a bit. It basically just made the sand stick more to everything.
Speaking of water, I have never seen the tide so high! The water came clear up to the bushes in most places. We finally found a really high patch of sand to lay on, but it took some hunting. I'm just glad we got their at high tide, instead of low tide. Otherwise, we may have gotten really wet!
It was a bit chilly, actually, to sleep on the beach. The bed was a bit firm, but you could mold it to your body. But you know how people spend money on CD's and machines that play soothing ocean music to relax you and help you fall asleep? Well, we had something kind of like that too!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Starts with B, rhymes with 'impeach'...
Posted by Devin at 7:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I slept in Rexburg last weekend... it was cold and snowy and I slept on the couch, not on a beach... kind of the same... ok, not really...
Post a Comment